1. The Earlier Ones - The friends who were your favorite buddies at some point of time. The ones you spent a whole lot of time, had a good many laughs and interesting experiences with. Fast forward to today and you wonder how you guys ever were such good friends given that you don’t relate with them on any sort of level currently. Yet even now you would end your once-in-six-month conversations with “I love youuu” “I miss youuu” “We must do something soon, it’s been too long”.
2. The Professional Ones - The friends who are thorough professionals and who you call when in need. They were the ones dutiful and organized in college and who procured steady jobs with a stable rise in hierarchy. They wouldn’t mind that you’ve called them because you want some information or because you need them to help in a small way pertaining to their line of work. They would in fact look upon it as a mark of respect to their job. However, if you do call one too many times and infringe upon their personal life, then the ignore button on the cell phone starts getting used.
3. The Perpetual Ones - Friends who are a part of who you are and will always continue to be so. Immortal friendship.
4. The Current Ones - New friends who are currently your good friends and who you probably spend the highest percentage of time with as compared to others. The flavor of the season and the future ‘The Earlier Ones’.
5. The Connected Ones - Friends who you meet once in a blue moon and yet have a blast. You feel as if the time elapsed when you haven’t kept in touch didn't make any difference at all. Another long absence and then you meet again, the connection will still be the same with neither thinking the worse of the other for not keeping in touch.
6. The Far Off Ones – People who you simply adore yet the constraints of geography and the goodwill of technology keep your friendship at bay. Some wither away and some get acclimatized to holidays once in a few years.
7. The Lively Ones - Funny fellows, bashful laughs, food eaters, heavy drinkers and more importantly party starters. You need these guys at your party to kick start the revelry. You may not discuss issues and feelings with them like you do with your close buds but you’d rather see them present at your do than your chums. A party is a party after all.
8. The Questionable Ones - Friends who you love or like or something...or maybe not or maybe do. In the bargain of ascertaining this you forget that he/she is your friend and a very good one at that but you just may lose that friendly connection in the midst of if's and but's. Is it worth it?
9. The Besties - The ones you think are your best friends but probably aren't.
10. The True One - The best friend.
Here's a new version of the traditional brownie - Frosted Brownies from the Hummingbird Bakery while you mull over that.
- 5 eggs
- 500g caster sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 30g shelled walnuts, chopped
- 30g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
For the frosting:
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 30g cocoa powder, sifted
- 150g cream cheese, cold
- Put the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat with a handheld electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the flour and cocoa powder and beat until all the ingredients are well mixed. Pour in the melted butter and mix through. Stir the walnuts and chocolate in by hand until evenly dispersed.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for about 30–35 minutes, or until the top is firm but the center is still soft. Leave to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Beat together the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Do not over beat as it can quickly become runny.
- When the brownie is cold, spread the frosting over the top.
The brownie is a class apart.
Definitely best bud material.